The Classic Quiche Lorraine Recipe
What is a Quiche Lorraine?
Quiche Lorraine is a classic French dish that originated in the region of Lorraine. This dish is essentially a savory pie made with a rich custard filling flavored with onions, bacon, and cheese. While the recipe has evolved over the years, the traditional Quiche Lorraine typically includes eggs, cream, bacon, and cheese baked in a pie crust.
Ingredients:For making Quiche Lorraine, you will need:
- 1 pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F. Press the pie crust dough into a 9-inch pie dish and trim the excess.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add in the chopped bacon and shredded cheese, stirring until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour the custard mixture into the pie crust, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set and golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving the Quiche Lorraine.
Leave a Comment