Easy Spaghetti Carbonara
When it comes to pasta, spaghetti is always a crowd-pleaser. And what better way to enjoy this classic noodle dish than with a hearty serving of easy spaghetti carbonara? Carbonara is a beloved Italian dish made with creamy egg sauce, cheese, crispy pancetta or bacon, and of course, al dente spaghetti. While it might sound complicated, making carbonara is actually quite simple, making it the perfect dish for any home cook.
Before you start cooking, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
1. Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.2. While spaghetti is cooking, prepare the pancetta or bacon in a separate pan over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.3. In the same pan, add garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned.4. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add grated Pecorino Romano cheese, black pepper, and a pinch of salt.5. Once spaghetti is cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water and drain the rest. Return the spaghetti to the pot.6. Add the cooked pancetta or bacon to the pot with the spaghetti and toss.7. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the spaghetti and toss quickly, using tongs, so that the eggs cook but do not scramble. If the pasta seems dry, add a small amount of reserved pasta cooking water.8. Divide the spaghetti carbonara among bowls and serve immediately, topped with fresh parsley.
With its simple preparation and rich flavor, easy spaghetti carbonara is sure to become a staple in your weeknight dinner rotation. Experiment with different cheeses or swap pancetta for other types of cured meats to create your own twist on this classic Italian dish. However you choose to make it, your taste buds are sure to thank you.
Leave a Comment